Saturday, December 29, 2012

Possets Perfumes: Ribbands Perfume Oil Review

Merry Christmas, everyone! I know I haven't posted anything for a while but the Christmas holidays have been busy and blogging is made even more difficult by my lack of internet at home. It's a long story, but hopefully I'll have it up and running in a week or so! Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely time with your family and friends and received a present or two which you've been hankering after!
As I am working abroad, it meant I spent my Christmas without family and friends, so it was very strange not having a big day filled with running around to different places and eating extraordinary amounts of food, giving and receiving presents, so there will be no photos of the presents I received as I didn't really get any...but don't feel sorry for me, Christmas isn't just about presents, and I am just happy that all my family and friends are happy and in good health! I did, however, buy a few small things for myself just so I didn't feel completely left out of the whole receiving presents at Baby Jesus' birthday.

I discovered Possets through my everlasting scouring of the Internets for BPAL perfumes (Black Phoenix Alchemy). Possets is owned by the lovely owner Fabienne (what a cool name, right?) who creates all the perfumes by hand, and works hard to use the best ingredients put there for her perfumes whilst still making sure that her perfumes remain affordable to all those wanting to smell prutty. I browsed through the whole site making a huge wishlist, then I went to the Yule collection (she has season limited edition perfumes, so you gotta get in quick if you want it!) and purchased for myself Ribbands. Now, to summarise it quickly, it's a perfume that is described as being foody, fruity and gourmand. She brings it back every year sue to its popularity. There wasn't much to go by in the actual description of the perfume on the site, but I came across a couple of people's reviews and I thought it sounded amazing so I took the leap and ordered just that to start with.



I placed my order and it arrived in my mail pretty darn fast considering it's international shipping and it was so close to Christmas (I was pretty chuffed!). I received my little bottle of perfume in a tie-up bag with 2 samples from her permanent collection! I was so happy with the little extras, especially since one of them was one of the ones on my wishlist! She obviously took into consideration that I'd ordered a foody type of scent, so she sent me a sample of Bear Lake Shake Utah and Cri de Coeur (Cry of the Heart) (the one on my wishlist!).

I excitedly opened Ribbands and from the bottle it smelt like chocolate and I could possibly make out a tiny bit of a coffee liqueur scent? I dabbed it onto myself, and wet on my skin it smelt just of milk chocolate with a possible hint of mint. There is supposed to be some kind of raspberry/berry element to it, but I was not getting any. But this perfume's notes change fast. Within minutes I smelt like the most deliciously ooey gooey super fudge deluxe chocolate cake! Yum! After another few minutes this fades and a sweet scent I could not for the life of me put my finger on, sets in. After about 15-20 minutes of having dabbed this on, the berry really kicks in and it's a delicious, predominantly raspberry scent nestled in chocolate. 20 mins + and it's a delicious mix of berry and chocolate that slowly fades away.
Unfortunately the lasting power of Ribbands on me is very short and I can't smell it on myself after half an hour (but other people can). I still absolutely adore this scent and I highly recommend you go and get yourself at least a sample because it's just the most gorgeous chocolate and berry scent I've ever smelt in my life. So go! Check it out! You'd be crazy not to!

What is your favourite memory from Christmas day 2012? Favourite present? Did I manage to entice you to at least have a gander at the Possets website? Wishing you all Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment