Wednesday, December 5, 2012

'Tis the Season to be Jolly: Wee Christmas Decoration Haul

I absolutely love Christmas. 

I know that sometimes the meaning and spirit behind it gets lost a bit amongst all the shopping bags, Christmas wrapping, and colourful bows, but I love Christmas because it is the time of year I can spend a day surrounded by some (I have family all over the world therefore I'll never be truly surrounded by ALL the people that I love) of the people I love most in the world. Now, most of my Christmas' have been spent in the sunshine, gorging on lip smackingly good food and hanging out with my cousins. You see, in New Zealand, we're a bit backwards, and we celebrate Christmas during summer! Christmas at the beach, yeah!

However, this year as I am overseas in Japan, it'll be first time in a decade and a half that I'll be celebrating Christmas in the winter, with the possibility of snow. Of course, I have to mark this event with some lots of Christmas decoration purchases! Last night whilst wandering around in the underground mall at the train station, I came across an awesome little store where everything was sold for ¥315. I came across many wonderful things, but only treated myself to three that I absolutely couldn't leave the store without.



This absolutely adorable little wooden tree where you get to hang little wooden ornaments. (I still haven't managed to find a tree that isn't a ridiculous price but a good height.) And the little reindeer, well, it was love at first sight.


There were a few different varieties of baubles, but this one was by far the prettiest.

I've also bought quite a few other bits and bobs, but haven't had the time to take photos of them. The search for the perfect tree, and lights! (I just cannot find them anywhere in this country, why??), continues. Although I'll only be celebrating Christmas with my significant other this year, I am looking forward to it.

Dear readers, what are your favourite Christmas ornaments, and why? What is something special that you do on Christmas?


2 comments:

  1. very nice post.. I love joy and peaceful feeling at Christmas...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I love it too! Definitely something magical about this time of year :)

      Delete