Monday, March 11, 2013

Almost The One Ring to Rule Them All

I'm a big fan of costume jewellery, as much as the real stuff. I worked in a jewellery store for most of my time in university, so I know a thing or two about the bling bling. I love something different, something I know not many people will have. At the same time, I'm not about to avoid something because I know it's "trendy" or a lot of people also own it.

This weekend I spent a fair bit of time in a shop I'd normally speed by on my way to the amazing 315 yen store. It's a costumer jewellery store, and it has a lot of rocking, trendy things in there that I wouldn't have noticed had I not actually gone in. From the outside, it looks like it sells the normal type of delicate chains and earrings commonly seen here in Japan, but once you go in for a closer look, there are many beautiful things to be discovered.

I have been lusting after a plain bar two-finger ring for a couple of years now, and I have not been able to find "the one" even after hours of searching on etsy and eBay. However, this weekend, I think I've found something very close to "the one".


As you can see from the misalignment of the bars in the ring, it's not a very high quality ring. Even though it was overpriced, I was happy to treat myself to something I'd been wanting for a while.


As you can see you can bend it to fit the size of your fingers - though surprisingly, it's the first ring in Japan that I've tried that doesn't bend to be as snug as I'd like it to be. I was definitely thinking, 'wow, this ring is definitely made for fat gaijin fingers!'. (P.S To those not familiar with Japanese words - 'gaijin' means foreigner, and it has a somewhat derogatory nuance to it depending on situation, and who's saying it, etc.)


Selfie of fat gaijin fingers as aforementioned. I think this ring will definitely spice up my otherwise boring work outfits!

What kind of jewellery person are you? Do you prefer rings, necklaces, earrings? Are you a silver, gold or rose gold fan?

6 comments:

  1. I hope you will not hit anyone in the face with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, this is too weak for that, my fists are stronger :P

      Delete
  2. I do not know, I'm just worried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ring! I'm definitely a rings person - I have a box full of them and I'm always looking for more!
    Also, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can check the link here :) http://thetotalopposite.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    Hope you're having a great day!

    Monica x

    http://thetotalopposite.blogspot.com/

    (And sorry if this post appears twice - my Internet died while posting this and I don't know if it went through or not!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think you'd have a field day at this store, there were so many gorgeous rings!

      Wow, thank you so much for awarding me with the Liebster Award, you're so fantastical! :D Just made my day, rock on chica xx

      Delete