Monday, April 29, 2013

Loved and Used Up - Empties #1

I've been squirreling away my empties for a few months now, and finally I have a decent amount which is post worthy!


Let's work it from left to right, top to bottom!

1. スペインの匂い (Spain Bath Salts) - I had originally planned to do a review of this but as it was less than ordinary, I have shunned it to the one conglomerate product post. The smell is generic, promising to smell of "Spain", obviously roses are the theme. I found it overpowering and not that pleasant. I didn't have very high expectations as it was ¥100.

2. ハーバリズム Herbalism from LUSH - This is the 3rd pot of Herbalism that I have gone through and although I used to enjoy it, I didn't find it did anything note worthy to my skin. The reason I kept re-purchasing it was I couldn't make up my mind what else to buy, I was desperately in need of a cleanser, so I'd just end up re-purchasing what I knew wasn't bad. The scent is okay, very fresh smelling, it's difficult to describe! I found that the version they make in Japan is a lot smoother than the one in New Zealand. It's supposed to be a gentle exfoliant for sensitive skin, and I agree with that claim. It never left my skin feeling stripped or tight, and I loved the fact that it was vegan, cruelty-free and other crapola-free. Unfortunately, the search for a superduperspecialsparkly cleanser goes on!

3. Schwarzkopf Professional BlondMe Blonde Brilliance Intense Treatment - And a century later the product name is finally typed out...So, this hair treatment I liked! He was nice, was there for me when I was in a state of distress, but unfortunately this is where we part. There was just something missing, the chemistry just wasn't there. I will look back at our times together with fondness. Girls, if you've got blondie locks, which also happen to be curly and fine, this may be the treatment to tide you over while you're looking for ~*the one*~. Think a review is in order.

4. Gucci Rush EDT - This is definitely a perfume that seems to be in the category of, you either love it to bits and want to bathe in it, or you hate it and stay away from it like it's petrol. I am most, most, most, most definitely in the former group. I just absolutely adore this smell, I think it's just so sexy and feminine and a total head turner. I love the stark red video cassette shaped box the perfume is housed in and I love wearing it to make myself feel "grown up" and "sexy". It's sweet, but in a sophisticated way, and the floral notes meld so well with the vanilla and patchouli, it's just divine (ooh, look at me just throwing out notes there). Needless to say, I repurchased as soon as I ran out, definitely would never be without it.

5. Vitacost Ultra Hair Formula - Forever seeking the perfect hair, you know what I'm talking about, long voluminous locks that cascade down your back like you're a mermaid, and when people touch it, it makes them want to recite poetry (what, this isn't what everyone aspires to?), I am constantly trying different things. I have always been very wary and suspicious of supplements, wishing that they'd work, but not really believing they'd do anything. In a desperate bid during the cooler months to help nourish my poor dying locks, I invested in these Ultra Hair Formula supplements. Probably should've continued taking them as they recommend taking any supplements for at least 3 months for results to be apparent, but the site Vitacost, jacked up international shipping prices so I found bigger and greener pastures in the form of another site. Conclusion: would not repurchase, did not really work for me.

6. Korres Japanese Rose Shower Gel - I desperately wish this was available in perfume form because it's absolutely divine. I loved, loved, loved using it during summer (did I mention I loved it?). It's a very sweet fruity rose smell and I look forward to using it during my happy shower times. I love Korres, and this smell is just amazing. Free of the nasties you don't want on your body or in your drain, and a beautiful product from Greece, can you say win?

7. Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil - Bought during winter time to soothe my chapped and dying lips, I am so proud of myself because I have actually used this all up without losing it first! Featured in my Feb faves.

8. Maybelline Baby Lips Soothing Cherry Lip Balm - Another lip balm that's been used and abused without being lost, woohoo! You go Glen Coco. It's a lovely fruity smell and taste, and whilst it doesn't give you baby soft lips, it does help relieve the chapped pain for a little bit.

Phew! So that's it, ladies and gentlemen, my first empties over and done with. What did you think? What's something you've used up recently that you're dying to repurchase? Share and care below!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for surviving through my rambling! *high fives* Aren't their products just lovely?

      Delete
  2. I just got a Burts lip balm in London yesterday, I find it so handy in my handbag. I wasn't so keen on the Korres Japanese cherry, it was too light and powdery-I like cherry stuff that smells haribo cherry sweets!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks so much for reading my post! <3 I love the smell of the Burt's lip balms, definitely a good one to have floating around in your handbag! Yum! If you ever find something that smells as good as that you have to let me know! :D

      Delete