Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rausch Moisturizing Body Butter for Very Dry Skin Review

Lovely ladies of Europe,

I have discovered a must-have product for you. Last year when I was visiting my aunt in Switzerland, I came across this beaut of a product. My aunt is into natural hair and skin care products, and she's a devotee of Rausch, a Swiss company which use natural, raw plants and herbs in their products to provide people with the best care for their scalp, hair and skin. They have a large range of various hair care products, but the product I have been in love with is their body butter for very dry, flaky skin.


It smells absolutely heavenly! It contains extracts of barley, oat milk and Tahitian monoï oil. Barley extract is known to soothe and moisturize skin, promote replenishment of the skin’s protective barrier and renewal of cell membranes. Oat milk is high in Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that protects and repairs your skin. Tahitian monoï oil acts as an emollient for your skin (emollients are lubricating agents that have a soothing and softening effect on your skin and prevent water loss). So it's jam packed with absolute goodies for skin that is in dire need of TLC.

I burnt myself to a crisp during my holiday in Greece, and while I was suffering I was using this religiously, and it definitely helped to keep my skin soft and completely prevented peeling, which is amazing because I've always peeled after I've gotten sunburnt as bad as I did that time.

Look at how much I've been loving it, almost all gone!
The consistency is very creamy, and although it has a scent, it's not one that I find overpowering. For something that is such a heavy duty body butter, it blends in so quickly to the skin, and there's absolutely no trace of "greasiness" which I adore.

This is a wonder product and even though it is a tad pricey, I would wholeheartedly recommend it to all the beauty gurus out there in Europe who have easy access to it, it's amazing!

Beauties, have you used any products by Rausch? What do you think of this body butter?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I've never seen the brand, though :(
    I've tagged you in the 'Influences of the Internet TAG!' :) Here's the link if you'd like to do it: http://thetotalopposite.blogspot.com/2013/04/influences-of-internet-tag.html

    Monica x
    The Total Opposite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're a bit hard to get a hold of unless you live in Switzerland or Germany :( Such a shame because their products sound awesome! I will have to beg my aunty to send me this body butter.

      Done! Thanks for the tag, gonna do right now :D

      Delete